Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thankful For My Husband

Since it is almost Thanksgiving, what better than to write about the blessings in my life, giving thanks for those things I am grateful for.
To start this mini-series, I want to write about my husband.
{Warning...be prepared for a whole lot of sappy, mushy talk.
What can I say...I love my husband!}
Where do I begin? I met Jason in high school, and we have been together for over 13 years now, married for eight. I was a 16-year-old junior in high school when I was assigned a seat next to 17-year-old senior Jason in an American literature class, and I have to admit, wasn't taken by him at first. I thought he was cocky, arrogant, and a bit of a show-off. I later found out this was his method of attempting to get my attention, which backfired on him a bit. Truth be told, I was actually dating one of his friends at the time, so wasn't looking for anything more than friendship. But as we became friends through study dates and get-togethers, I soon saw who he really is, and he won my heart.
Jason is a kind, caring person, not afraid to show his love for his family. He is the first to take care of me when I'm sick and to cheer me up when I'm sad.
Jason is understanding, calm and easy-going. I know I can talk to him about anything and everything, and he is always there to listen and to understand.
Jason is encouraging, inspiring me to fully live and to strive for better, to take chances and to try new things. He can squash the fears I have and encourage me to overcome doubts about myself because I know he believes in me.
Jason is a provider, working hard for his family. He supports my desire to stay at home with our children and shares in that desire. And after long hours at work, Jason will still come home and offer a helping hand with the house work.
Jason is a forever kid, able to find fun in the littlest things, which I love.
His children adore him, and so does his wife. And he adores us to, always praising and encouraging the kids, and telling me I'm beautiful and I'm loved.
Most of all, Jason is a man who is a leader of our household, and who is centered in the Lord and guided by His Will, leading us through every day with wisdom and maturity. I have full confidence in my husband throughout everything, and my heart belongs to him.
He is my rock, my love, and I thank the Lord daily for blessing me with such a wonderful man. He inspires me to be a better wife and a better mother.
Oh, and he's pretty darn cute too!

I love you babe! Always!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWW That was so sweet! He reads your blog right? ;)

I swear our stories are sooo similar. I wasn't much for Tim's funny stuff at first either.
Guys like Jason are rare in this day and age. Luckily I have a good one too ;) God sure knew what he was doing huh? It's refreshing to hear positive marriage stories. It's sweet you gush about Jason. Now I better write something nice about Tim LOL