Friday, June 19, 2009

From the Inside Out

Yesterday I decided to change things up and shuffle the order of the blog music. The result...I have fallen in love with a favorite song all over again.
'From the Inside Out,' by Hillsong, is a song I first heard last year while Jason and I were on a mission trip in Nicaragua.
{Click here to see the first of several posts about our trip last summer. This first post is a little background about the trip. Then check out the archives from August of 2008 to learn about our actual trip while in the country.}
We rode in vehicles from the city our plane arrived in into the depths of the country's mountains. Our guide, a young Nicaraguan man with such a heart for the Lord and His people, had one cd for us to listen to. There was no radio reception in the mountains, so that one cd played over and over again as we drove nearly four hours one day and five hours the next. And this particular song on the cd penetrated my heart and left a lasting impression. Our guide actually had it in Spanish too, which is truly beautiful even though my Spanish is sketchy. For me, sometimes music transcends language barriers and although I may not understand the words, the music moves my heart.

Listen to the words and be silent before the Lord. If you listen with your heart and mind open to Him, I think it's inevitable that He will move you through the words.

How can I not be moved, be brought to tears, as this song reminds me of all the times I've failed, all the times I've sinned, yet my Lord forgives me every single time. His grace is more than sufficient to cover any multitude of sinful things I do, sinful things I think.

His grace alone is enough.

My prayer today, as the song says, is for any pride that causes me to hold any part of myself from Him to fade away.
I want my prayer every day, every minute, to be to give my Lord control of my heart and my soul so that He may consume me from the inside out.
Let me embrace justice, embrace grace, and reflect nothing but Him.
I want the cry of my heart to be to bring You praise Lord from the inside out, in everything I do.
Amen!

Here are the song's lyrics...

From the Inside Out

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
my heart and my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Chorus 2x
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out Lord, my soul cries out

No comments: