Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cooper's First Day

I just wrote a post on Monday about the many 'firsts' we've been experiencing. We experienced yet another one today...Cooper's first day of four-year-old preschool.

Last year in three-year-old preschool, Cooper went to school two half days a week. As a four-year-old, he now goes to school four half days a week.

But you won't hear Coop complaining about the two more days of school this year. He was so glad to be back with all his friends. I think his smile says it all...



And although it was raining outside, I
had {ok, forced} Gabe and Cooper to stand by the sign in front of their school. A little rain never hurt anyone, right?!?



Now as I sit at home writing this post, I suddenly notice it seems oddly quiet. Gavin is fast asleep. Chloe is attentively watching some cartoons. And my two oldest boys {insert tears here} are at school.

Where does the time go?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at Cooper's big smile! I'd have made my kids stand in front of the sign rain or shine too :)

It makes sense now why Gabe wasn't there early this morning. Damian asked Kinz, then me, then the playground associate where Gabe was :)
I hope Cooper has a great first day!

Valerie and Jeff said...

Love the photos! I wish I would have done the sign today ... but in the rain and with Easton's sudden fear of preschool that hit as soon as we saw the classroom it's probably best that I didn't (sigh, insert my tears here.) It was nice to have time for just Nolan this AM ... but so quiet and I miss the other boys too!