Saturday, May 17, 2008

Our Garden

Today was a first for the Sanders Family...our first garden! It may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but to us, it was huge! When we lived in town, we could never spare the yard space to have a garden. But now that we have our own acreage, we have more than enough room on our 27 acres of land for an ample garden. After planting our garden today, we even wonder if we might have gone a little overboard, but I guess we'll live and learn!
We started out this morning by going to Theissens for seed. I have to admit, I think I'm more excited about the flower seeds I picked out than the veggies. I know you can't eat em', but they're so pretty. I especially love daises and sunflowers, and we got both, including the giant sunflowers that are just about bigger than the size of your head! I'm so excited for them to bloom, or as Gabe would say, 'I'm so exciting!'
We then set out to plant. The boys were great help, and my job was mostly organizing what we would plant where and marking the rows. We all did our part and got it done. It was a good day!


The boys were fascinated by watching Jason till the soil.


Gabe & Jason preparing the soil.


Our seed packets.


Me modeling the seed packet...Jason's thinking we should send this cheesy shot into the seed company & make some money.


Cooper was running to make sure dad didn't run out of seed to plant.


Here I am with the easy job of writing on stakes to mark the rows. I did do some planting too, but of course, there's no pictures of that.


Jason gives the boys a lesson on planting.


Gabe & Cooper's turn to plant!

No comments: