Friday, May 23, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Today was Gabe's first graduation ceremony. Yes, some of you (Jason) may think it's silly, but Gabe did have a graduation ceremony for his preschool class. He's taking the big step from preschool to Kindergarten, and they commemorated this with a parent's day today, complete with cap & gown.
The day consisted of Gabe's teacher, Mrs. Ferguson, starting the morning with the students the same way they always start...calender, days of the week, months of the year, pledge of allegiance, etc. Then the class showed off some of the skills they learned this year, including all their letters & sounds, shapes, etc.
The class then performed a skit based on the Eric Carle book, 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See,' which is one of our family favorites. Gabe was the green frog.
Finally, the kids sang songs they've learned throughout the school year. The last song was a song with words like, 'I'm no longer a preschooler, I'm ready for kindergarten,' which of course made me think about my little boy going off to school all day in the fall and, of course, I cried. For those of you who know me well, this is no surprise! I pretty much cry about anything at all sentimental!
I thought I'd share some photos from Gabe's big day. I can't believe my baby is already finished with preschool!


Gabe's Class with Mrs. Ferguson


Gabe with Mrs. Ferguson. She's such a wonderful teacher and Gabe learned so much from her this year. Mrs. Ferguson will be Cooper's preschool teacher next year, and he's very excited!


Gabe with the green frog during the skit.


Gabe showing off his letters book with his homework from the school year.


Cooper eating graduation cake.


Gabe with his best buddy Brayden.


Chloe with Grandpa & Grandma


The boys talking to Grandma


Jason with the boys


Chloe with Grandma


Mrs. Ahlemeyer & Gabe


Gabe with his diploma!

No comments: