Thursday, June 26, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Gabe

A couple of weeks ago, Gabe and I had some time alone together. Cooper and Chloe were napping an incredibly long time, and Gabe had already woken up. So, during our time together, he shared a couple of deep thoughts with me. I had to share them on the blog, because they're so sweet!
We were sitting on the couch reading a book about how people are different. It talks about how everyone looks different and different talents God gives to people, and ultimately that God makes everyone special. After we read the book, Gabe turned to me and said, "Mom, you know what I think about you that's special?" I said, "What's that Gabe?" He said, "You're the prettiest girl I know, and not just because you're my mom." Isn't that too cute! Usually a comment like that would follow with some sort of request like, "Can I have ice cream now?" But he was so sincere and was just sharing what was on his mind. So sweet!
A little later that same day we were playing baseball. I grew up playing softball with my dad and loved going out in the yard and throwing the ball around. So now, I am thrilled to carry this tradition on with my kids. I was pitching balls to Gabe and he was hitting so well. It was time to gather up the balls he had hit, and Gabe said, "Mom, I'm so glad you're my mom!" I of course was thrilled to hear this, but it gets even better. He then said, "God gave me you as a mom on purpose because you like to play sports and I like to play sports. Not all Moms like to play sports, so I'm glad you're my mom!" Isn't that so sweet. Of course, being the ultra sensitive person that I am, I started crying. I thought that was a pretty deep thought for a five year old. I just had to share those stories. I am so thankful to have the kids I do. They're so sweet and kind, and I love them so much!

No comments: