Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Bus

Along with starting school, Gabe now has another "first" under his belt: riding the school bus. He started riding the bus yesterday {Monday.} And he loves it!
I told him I was going to have to pick him up from school on Wednesday because he has a ear doctor checkup right after school and you'd think I had ruined his whole day!
"Ahhh, Mom, I'd rather ride the bus," Gabe replied.
He even has a couple of friends on the bus. They're really sweet girls that live just down the road from us and go to our church.
{If you're reading this, Hi Dawn & Sarah!} They've been watching out for Gabe on the bus and making sure he's ok. When he got home today, Gabe immediately told me, "I got to sit with Sarah!" I'm so glad they're on the same bus route!
And I really am so thankful he is loving school and loving the bus. I pretty much knew he'd love school. Gabe is extremely outgoing and is a people person who loves to be on the go. A full day of school is perfect for a child like him.
But I was a little fearful that he wouldn't like waking up early to ride the bus in the morning, and would hate the long bus ride after school. {He gets on the bus by 7:15 a.m., and doesn't get home after school until 4:20 p.m. That's a long day for a five-year-old!}
But so far, Gabe is relishing in this new routine, and is excited for every school day.
Hopefully this novelty doesn't wear off too much!

No comments: