Friday, August 1, 2008

Watermelon

We planted watermelon in our garden back in May and being a gardening rookie, I'm not sure how big they are suppose to be at this point, but they seem to be doing well. I took a couple of photos to show how they're coming along...
Below is Gabe with a watermelon, and yes, he is wearing only his boxers. It's a good thing we live in the country! (Just a side note: Cooper & Chloe were still sleeping when Gabe & I checked on the garden, so it was just the two of us. Gabe said, 'mom, i'm so excited to eat these guys!' I said, 'Me too Gabe!' He then asked, 'Do you think they'll be ready by next fall?' I laughed. The concept of time just escapes a five-year-old.)

I was holding the leaves away from the melon to get a photo and instead of cropping out my hand, I thought I'd leave it in there to show how the watermelon compares in size.

No comments: