Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Costume Mix-up

So today, I made a big mistake!
It all started when Cooper was talking to me about his upcoming Halloween party at school. Questions like, 'Is it today?' and 'Do we get candy?'
I fielded those questions fine.
But when we got to, 'What costume am I gonna wear?' I made a small error.
Well, maybe it was a big error.
I told Coop he was gonna be Batman, when he's actually gonna be Superman.
Innocent mistake, right? I bought the costume over a month ago and put it away and had somehow gotten it in my mind that it was a Batman costume, not a Superman costume.
So that means all day, Cooper was practicing being the WRONG SUPERHERO!
He was saying things like, "I'm Batman" and pretending to drive his Batmobile, all the while I'm smiling and saying things like, "Wow, you're such a great Batman."
And to top it off, he was even telling everyone he saw at church tonight that he gets to be Batman tomorrow at school.
It wasn't until tonight when he was all tucked into bed and I was getting his costume out for preschool that I realize it's actually a Superman costume.
BIG OOPS!
Needless to say, I'm not exactly looking forward to explaining this mistake to my little superhero tomorrow as I'm getting him dressed in his costume for his preschool Halloween party.
It's an easy mix-up, right?!?
Or maybe I'm just loosing my mind!
Either way, just more proof that I really am due for this vacation!
So, I'm afraid my little guy might have an identity crisis tomorrow, and it'll be all might fault. I'm sure he'll forgive me someday...I hope!

No comments: