Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cha Cha Cha Cha Changes

First off, did you 'get' the blog title? Are you singing it in your head? Not really a big David Bowie fan myself, but I do admit that's a catchy song :-)

Secondly, I changed the look of the blog a bit. What do ya think? I've actually already gotten a lot of good feedback about the new look on Facebook, especially regarding the header photo. So glad you all like it, and thanks for the nice comments!

Third, I have an announcement to make that many of you are already aware of but I figured I'd make a formal announcement anyway...

As many of you know, I have my own business. It's appropriately named, 'Angie Sanders Design,' and offers the services of graphic design and commercial photography. What exactly does that mean you may ask? Basically, small businesses hire me to take photos of their businesses and/or create brand identity materials, such as brochures, advertising, mailers, newsletters, cards, invitations, etc. I've been in business for myself ever since my oldest son was about 1 year old, so that means about five years. My clients have included everything from a hospital, a trucking company and an auto dealer to an ice cream truck delivery service and a clothing company. I love it because it enables me to stay at home with the kids while earning some income and meeting people from various walks of life.

In addition to graphic design and commercial photography, I have been taking portrait photos for people over the past year or so. It started with family and friends, taking photos for families, children, infants and engagements. But when I began getting calls from friends-of-friends, neighbors, even strangers asking me to take their pictures, Jason suggested I add photography to my business name and start a website. After a lot of thought and prayer, and the fact that Jason bought a web domain with a new business name, I decided to add portrait photography to my list of services. After all, I love photography. It really just makes sense to make it a larger portion of my business.

So, my new business name is 'Sanders Photography and Design.' The web address, thanks to Jason, is www.SandersPhotographyAndDesign.com. But it won't be up and going for a bit...I have been working on designing our church website and I have to finish it before I can start on this one! I'll let you know when it's officially up and going!

I also started a new business blog. Click here to check it out! I'd love it if you'd all become followers of the photography blog as well, and share it with you friends and family. It will be a nice place to preview the latest client photos, and to let everyone know about upcoming special events and promotions. So instead of having their family's photos appear on my family blog, they now have their own blog!

Of course I have also had to change my business cards, which came in the mail this past week...



I used various photos of the kiddos on one side, and my business information was printed on the other side. The kids were pretty excited to see their faces on what they thought were 'playing cards.' Ha ha.

As you can imagine, with all of these changes I've been extremely busy. But the reason I'm sharing this is not only to inform everyone of this new facet of my business. More importantly, it's to ask for your prayers through it all.

Please pray that this will be just another opportunity for the Lord to use me and this business in any way He can. It is so easy to become self-focused when you are working for yourself, especially when your work comes from you. But my first and foremost prayer is that this business be the Lord's, not mine. That everything in my life, including this business, be about Him, not about me. That He is able to use it to glorify Himself and that the art I create is a reflection of His beauty. I pray I constantly reflect less of me, and more of Him, and that this will be another way to reflect the beauty of our Lord...through everyday moments captured in pictures.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome Angie! I love it! I love your prayer at the end.

Love the business cards1!!! What a great idea to have your littles on them!

Tara Anderson said...

LOVE the new blog look! And congrats on your business!!! You have such talent and an eye for things I could never see...wish I had some of that creativity. :) I know you'll be a hit!

Anonymous said...

You know I wish you all the best in your photography business.
You are so on it! New blog.Business cards. Facebook Fan Page. Seriously when do you find the time?!?! I just now am working on my cards.{oh and updating my jewelry cards but we won't go there}

One of these days I need to "talk" photography with you!

Unknown said...

Shawna, it has been way to long since we've talked anything! I'd love to talk photography with you anytime, you just let me know when :) Hope you're doing well!!

Anonymous said...

I've always loved seeing your photography! I'm sure your new business will go well. I have two girlfriends who also do what you're doing.. only in Alberta and Ariona, so, no competition. But I thought you might enjoy seeing their work as well.

www.andrealeder.com
www.laraekrista.com

You three are all awesome photographers!
Keep up the great work!
Linda