Saturday, February 14, 2009

Back to Winter

On Tuesday it was nearly 60 degrees and the kids and I were out jumping on the trampoline, enjoying the warm weather. Today, a mere four days later, it's back to 19 degrees and the ground is again covered in white from last nights' snowfall. Only in Iowa, right?

Good news is, even though I did get a burst of spring fever with the warm temps on Tuesday, I still love the snow. And so do the kids.

At least the snow will give Gabe something better to play with outside than standing atop a pile of wood while wielding a stick, as I caught him doing earlier this week...




Oh the fun a boy can have with a stick.
But seriously, he looks a little like a mad man to me in that closeup.
Maybe the lack of snow was driving him crazy ;)

So, on this Valentine's Day, I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time playing outside.
On second thought, they'll be spending a lot of time playing outside while I look at these that my thoughtful husband brought home for me...


I adore tulips!
Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day and spend it with someone you love.
And remember, even if you're feeling a bit unloved this Valentine's Day, God always loves you more than anyone else ever could!

2 comments:

juliemk said...

The Tulips you got are beautiful... So were mine!!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you soooooooooo much!!!!! It's nice to be loved! :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Julie! Glad you liked them. I was gonna call to make sure you got them but my cell phone is on the fritz and you know how my home phone doesn't like to call you, lol. Hope you're having a great weekend. Oh, and where are we going on spring break?