Sunday, February 22, 2009

He's Back...

Jason's back.
And I bet many of you didn't even know he was gone.
That's due to my paranoia that if someone knows Jason isn't home, they'll take the opportunity to plan a break-in with only poor little me and the kiddies home.
So, I wouldn't announce that Jason was gone for 5 days until after he's back.
What can I say, I'm a scaredy cat.
{Thank goodness for my mom, who knows what a scaredy cat I am and stayed the night with me and the kids all week while Jason was away. I know, I'm such a baby, I need my mother to protect me. You'd think I'd grow out of it, but it's not looking too promising!}

Anyway, Jason left on Tuesday afternoon for four days of skiing in Colorado and didn't get home until 6:15 a.m. this morning. Then it was straight to church to prepare for teaching Sunday School. I don't know how he can survive on such little sleep. It's truly amazing!

I have to say, I hate it when Jason is gone. I truly miss him so much when he's away, and really can't relate to the wives who can't wait for their husbands to leave. But I guess it's a good thing to not want to be without my husband, right?

Besides just missing him, it's extremely tiring to be here taking care of our three kids, especially given my pregnant state. I'm tired all the time anyway, let alone when I'm acting as a single mom for 5 days.

But having the wonderful husband that I do, he knew I would be feeling a little tired mid-week, so he planned a surprise. I received a package in the mail with my absolute favorite shampoo...
And a card which conveyed how much my hubby was missing me and how much he appreciated me taking care of the kids while he was gone so that he could go skiing.
Awwww. Yup, he's pretty sweet sometimes.
What else can I say but that I'm definitely glad to have him back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's home so you can feel safe again :) What a sweet husband to get you the shampoo! He's so thoughful. Although I'm not sure a bottle of shampoo equals 5 days in Colorado without kids :)