Sunday, July 19, 2009

Big Sister



This girl is about to have her world changed forever.
No longer will she be the baby of the family.
She's going to be a big sister!



I've tried to talk to Chloe about her baby brother. We've read books. We've practiced taking care of her own babies. I've had her help me put baby brother's clothes in his dresser and prepare for his arrival. And she loves to talk about 'Baby Broder." But I think that ultimately at age two, Chloe has no idea what's about to happen.



Don't get me wrong, Chloe LOVES babies. She sees a baby and starts to squeal. She likes to look at babies and talk to babies. But the fact is, Chloe also has a jealous streak and those babies she loves so much are other people's babies, not mommy's baby. Having mom hold a baby, feed a baby and love a baby that's not her could possibly send Chloe over the edge. Or, she could just absolutely love him and show no signs of distress at all.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
But we won't be waiting long...

I had my doctor's appointment on Thursday and found out the plan. My doctor would like to induce labor at 39 weeks if I haven't gone into labor on my own. That puts the induction date in about one week, with the specific day to be decided at my next appointment, which is this upcoming Thursday. I am still praying that I will go into labor on my own, but I also don't want to have another huge baby, so understand induction is necessary if I don't.

In a little over a week, we'll meet the new Sanders boy.
And boy, I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait either! You are so right, that little cutie is going to have her world rocked!

Valerie and Jeff said...

Oh boy! We are so excited for you all! ... but I remember that feeling of sorrow for the newly replaced "baby" of the family too. She will still be the baby GIRL though :-)

Someone suggested to me to have a special present "from" the baby just for her when he arrives and then have a special basket of toys that she can play with ONLY when you are nursing the new little one. It seemed to work well with Easton when Nolan came along ... but ... every child is different and it will change her world you're right. I hope she doesn't have a fit like Gabe did when Cooper arrived! (ack!)
Best Wishes!