Saturday, June 26, 2010

Campaigning

My husband is a politician. And a youth pastor. Strange combination? Maybe. But for the last eight years not only has Jason served as youth pastor at our church, but he's also been one of three elected county supervisors. He first ran when he was only 23 years old. He is the youngest elected supervisor in history! Crazy, right?!

Anyway, every four years it's time to run for re-election. Some local candidates end up running unopposed. Not Jason. He's had an opponent every time we've ran. He's always won in the past, always a humbling experience to again be chosen to represent our fellow county residents. But because we would never take a win for granted, we always go all out. This means attending every parade in the county throughout the summer, handing out candy and campaign fliers. And we door knock at every town in the county in the fall, closer to election time. It's time consuming, but it's also fun to get out and meet people we may have never met otherwise.

Since I needed to design some new campaign handouts, I also needed to get some new family shots for those handouts. And since I'm usually the one behind the camera, I was not looking forward to trying to get some family shots of ALL of us. Not an easy task.

Here's what we were able to get...


And can you believe, we got this on the first try. With four young children. God was with us that evening, because that's truly a miracle! ;)

And here's where we used it...

{FRONT}


{BACK}


We handed out the first set of these campaign fliers at our first local parade of the year today. And let me tell you, it was HOT. And it was HUMID. Grandma watched the parade with Gavin in tow while the other Sanders crew walked in the parade. Well, I should say Jason and I walked. I pulled Chloe in a red wagon and Gabe & Cooper rode on a golf cart. The kids had SO MUCH FUN throwing candy and seeing many of their friends from school and church. We had lots of friends helping us hand out fliers, and although we were all hot, I think we deem the first Sanders for Supervisor parade outing a success!

After we got home, I took a quick photo of the kids in their campaign tees. Just look at these kiddos...who wouldn't vote for their daddy after-all, right?!? ;)



Thanks to all of you that helped, and to all of you who have offered us your support in various ways. We are truly blessed beyond measure.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I would vote for him in a heartbeat!

The thing that gets my vote....coming to my door!

Parades are a staple but coming to my house, and my neighbors, and their neighbors....that's work, dedication and it plain takes guts!

Your picture is wonderful! You look as beautiful as ever, as do your kiddos!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I just love the fact that you take nothing for granted. Best wishes on your campaign.

Lea
xo

Tara Anderson said...

I love the flyer and the T's! Wish I lived close enough to cast my vote! :)

Jboo said...

Wish I lived there and could vote for him! Great photos and campaign material! Good Luck!

Janet

the meaklims said...

What a stunning family picture!

All the best in your campaign.

Jill

JinXiu said...

i would love to vote for him. love the photos and good lucj