Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ear Infections

Chloe has yet another ear infection. No surprise there.
If we're counting, I've actually lost track of how many ear infections that makes for Chloe in the past few months.

The tubes that are in her ears just haven't done the magical work that they did for Gabe and Cooper. I feel like all that the tubes accomplish is letting me know right away when she does get infections by enabling massive amounts of fluid to drain from her infected ears.

Unfortunately, I learned at the doctor today that I actually have an ear infection too.
Actually, both ears are feeling bad.
I have fluid trapped behind my ear drums, and major sinus stuffiness.

Oh, the Joys of Pregnancy. {Oops. Does that sound too sarcastic?}

With Cooper, I couldn't breathe out of my nose for the last 2 months of pregnancy. Hopefully things won't get that bad.

Just add my ear troubles to the list of things I don't enjoy about being pregnant. It's getting to be a long list actually...
  • I am starting to have bouts of morning sickness AGAIN.
  • Heartburn is trying to do me in.
  • I have not been sleeping at night because all I want to do is lay on my stomach or back, but all I can do is lay on my sides.
  • I am so tired I can't make it through the day without a nap.
  • And I feel like a bit of a blimp with my stomach seeming to increase in size by the hour.

Sounds a bit over-dramatic, doesn't it. Well, I'm just being honest.

It really does not help that I seem to get comments daily from women who just LOVED being pregnant, and the thought that I don't seems to make them think I'm crazy.

At my last doctor's appointment, my doctor and the nurse were talking about how great I looked, how they can't believe this is my fourth child and that I must have been made to have babies.

Well let me tell you, by the way I
feel, I certainly don't feel like that's the case.

I just keep telling myself, it's only a few more months. It's only a few more months! I can make it!

On a side note, there have been requests for a pregnancy photo. With my ever dwindling wardrobe selection that coincides with my ever increasing stomach size, I just didn't feel up to a self-photo session today.

Maybe tomorrow.

But don't worry, I'll try to have a smile on my face :) After all, no matter how I
feel at the moment, I know I am truly blessed!

Instead of me, here's a photo of Chloe. No smiles for her today with that ear ache, but she's still pretty cute!



No comments: