Saturday, June 27, 2009

35 Weeks


I am 35 weeks pregnant and had another doctor's appointment yesterday.
All the normal checks were done...blood pressure, weight, tummy size, etc.
My blood pressure was low...like, really low. I always have very low blood pressure, but yesterday it registered 90 over 65. I'm not really sure what that was about, but after assuring them I was fine, they let me slide.
I am still not gaining any weight, but I think I got a pass because my doctor looked back at my chart and recalled that I didn't gain weight in the end of my other pregnancies either. And really, who has much of an appetite when it's 90 plus degrees outside?
Not me.
My stomach size is still measuring small for this point in the pregnancy, but as I've mentioned before, that's also normal for me despite the large size of my past babies. For this reason, I will have an ultrasound at my next appointment to estimate the baby's size.
My doctor also made it clear that even though my due date is August 4, this will be a July baby as he would not want to risk me having another 10 pound child. So, I'm not sure the date, but I will be induced at the end of July if this little boy doesn't decide to come out on his own.
That's more than ok with me, except for one detail...
Please pray that everything will happen naturally so that I do not have to be induced. I had to have pitocin {a drug that helps to bring on regular contractions} with both Gabe and Chloe, and that drug makes the contractions almost unbearable without pain medication. I haven't had an epidural with any of my other pregnancies and I don't plan to have one this time either. But the thought of going through pitocin-induced contractions without pain meds brings back a lot of painful memories. So your prayers would be appreciated!

Only about 4 weeks to go...it's almost July!

No comments: