Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm a Hottie

Did that post title get your attention?
And NO...I'm not referring to myself. The title is in reference to something Cooper informed us of last night.
Cooper & Gabe had been tucked in to bed at their normal bedtime, 8:00 p.m. Gabe went right to sleep, but Cooper didn't. He kept thinking of reasons to come out of his room...I have to potty...I need a drink of water...I'm scared. This is totally unlike Cooper, he always goes to sleep when he's suppose to and never makes excuses like this, so we figured it was because he was excited about school.
Jason said, "Cooper, are you just having a hard time sleeping because you're thinking about school?" Cooper said, "Yeah, I want to go now!" He said this with a HUGE smile, so it was really hard to get upset at him for not falling asleep like he's suppose to.
Finally, the last time Cooper came out of his room, he said,
"Mom, I'm a hottie."
Jason and I looked at each other, and both replied at the same time, "What did you say Cooper?"
He repeated, this time with more excitement, "I'm a hottie!"
We of course started laughing, and so did Cooper, although he didn't know why he was laughing. It turned out he was trying to tell us it was hot in his room, but it came out, "I'm a hottie!"
After that last attempt at stalling bedtime, Cooper finally fell asleep at about 9:15 p.m. But he won't be living that one down for a long time!

No comments: