Thursday, June 5, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Wanted: Camera Accessories

With the money I received for my birthday, I have been planning on purchasing this:


It's a wide angle 12-24 lens that I have been wanting ever since we got the Nikon d70 back in 2003. I shot with a canon wide angle back when I worked for the paper, before kids, and have wished for a wide angle lens ever since. But I had always looked at getting the Nikon 12-24, which at $958 was very out of my price range. Now that I discovered the Tokina 12-24, with great reviews from Nikon d70 users, and at HALF THE PRICE, I am seeing that it is within my grasp. But after taking several outdoor shots lately with summer upon us, I am now finding that the built in flash really isn't doing the trick. I had always had the intention of someday getting an external flash, but it's another item I've put off due to the expense. But as soon as I save for it, I'm going to get this:


It's the Nikon SB-600. I have found great reviews of this flash, and it has all the features I was looking for. But with the addition of the new lens and flash, I'll need this:

A Cute Camera Bag to hold all my stuff!
With the ever-increasing list of things I need for my camera, I'm starting to think that this hobby of mine is getting a bit expensive.
Then, in my quiet time today I was reading in Luke and came across this verse that stood out to me:
"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it?" Luke 14:28
I laughed when I read this, because for some reason my list of camera needs came to mind. I'm thinking I could be taking this verse out of context a bit, but nevertheless, I related it to my camera issues by thinking maybe I should have estimated the cost to complete the list of accessories it would take to make for the ultimate photo taking experience.
And then I remembered, my camera has given me many wonderful photos, from my children being born, to their first, second...fifth birthday photos.
So even if I have to save for a while longer to get these camera wants, I am so blessed and ultimately, I want for nothing.

No comments: