Thursday, June 5, 2008

Scary Movies

I don't know what it is about scary movies that I can't resist, but I absolutely LOVE them. It really doesn't matter how cheesy they are or how predictable they are, they still scare me to the point of screaming. Jason & I will sit in front of the TV watching a scary movie and I am constantly turning around, looking behind my shoulder to make sure no one is suddenly looming over me.
And when I say I get scared, I mean it. I get scared to the point that I have trouble sleeping the night of a great scary movie viewing, imagining that what I just witnessed happening in whatever random horror flick I just watched is somehow going to happen to me.
For my birthday, Jason wants to take me out to a movie. Of course, I am wanting to see the new movie, "The Strangers." The fact that it's based on true events makes it even scarier in my mind.
I am also a fan of M. Night Shyamalan movies. The Sixth Sense & Signs are among my favorites. Although they aren't the typical scary movies, they have some of the suspenseful, shocking elements you find in scary movies in a much wittier package. I will definitely be seeing his new film, "The Happening," with Mark Walhberg, another of my favorites.
So what about you, do you like scary movies?

No comments: