Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pregnancy Update: 9 weeks

Notice the new addition to the blog on the right...a pregnancy counter.

Not quite sure if knowing that I have 218 days to go is such a great idea at this point, because I'm feeling pretty sick these days. Still not as bad as the other pregnancies, where I literally spent the entire day in the bathroom. But, the constant nausea is wearing.

I just keep thinking of the blessing that comes from the nausea, and it helps get through the days. And after all, I knew what would most likely be in store for me after three morning sickness plagued pregnancies, so how much can I complain, right?!?

I thought I'd share baby's development at 9 weeks. When I look at the week-by-week development of the little life growing inside me, I can only think of how awesome our God is. Babies truly are little miracles.

{By the way, my first doctor's appointment is tomorrow. Kind of a bittersweet feeling...I dislike going to the doctor and tomorrow's visit starts a regular 9-month doctor visit trend. But, I like hearing about the baby, so I'll survive.}

At 9 weeks:
Cartilage and bones begin to form. The basic structure of the eye is well underway and the tongue begins to develop. The intestines start to move out of the umbilical cord and into the abdomen as the body grows and makes room. The fingers and thumb have appeared but are short and webbed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow! Which Dr. do you see? Sorry to hear you are sick! I was hoping you would miss out on that fun this pregnancy? OR are you just posting this b/c I said to act miserable?!?!? hummmm LOL

Love the ticker..But you are right 200 plus days seems like a looong time..